VIDEO | Increasing School Choice, Preventing Harm to Children, and Conscience Protections for Healthcare Providers
Welcome to this week’s episode of NC Family’s Weekly Update, where we share the highlights of the past week at the N.C. General Assembly and beyond. In this episode, we cover:
- Information on SB 406—Choose Your School, Choose Your Future, which would greatly expand North Carolina’s Opportunity Scholarship Program;
- An explanation of SB 579—Prevent Harm to Children, which would enhance the penalty for knowingly disseminating obscenity in the presence of children;
- An overview of HB 819—Medical Ethics Defense Act, which would codify conscience protections for healthcare providers, institutions, and payers;
- An update on the crossover deadline at the General Assembly;
- And information about the National Day of Prayer event next week in Downtown Raleigh!
LINKS FROM THE VIDEO: