Be a Voice of Persuasion in Your Community Next Month!
Over the next several weeks, Christian North Carolinians will have a number of opportunities to stand up as voices of persuasion in our communities. Look at your calendar and prayerfully consider whether God is calling you to be His hands and feet by participating in any of these upcoming events.
40 Days for Life
- When: Wednesday, September 27 through Sunday, November 5
- Where: Charlotte, Fayetteville, Greensboro, Raleigh, Winston-Salem and 375 cities worldwide
- What: This international campaign has been organizing peaceful prayer vigils outside of abortion clinics around the world for the last decade. The public witness and helping hand offered to mothers considering abortion at these vigils has saved more than 13,000 children since 2007. Find a vigil location near you by visiting 40daysforlife.com. Cover an hour of your local vigil with your family, a group of friends or your church.
30th National Life Chain
- When: Sunday, October 1st 2-3:30PM
- Where: 30+ cities across North Carolina and 1,600 cities across the United States and Canada
- What: Pro-life citizens gather on designated sidewalks with their family members and friends to peacefully protest abortion and honor, through silent prayer, the 60 million children who have been aborted in the United States. Visit LifeChain.net or NationalLifeChain.org to find a Life Chain near you or sign up to organize one.
Bring Your Bible to School Day
- When: Thursday, October 5
- Where: Your own school
- What: Focus on the Family organizes this annual event to empower students to express their belief in the truth of God’s Word “in a respectful way that demonstrates the love of Christ” by voluntarily bringing their Bibles to school in an effort to start conversations with their friends and school communities. Visit www.bringyourbible.org, where you can sign up for a free guide to help you get started and access lots of fun and helpful resources, including frequently asked questions.